Life is Better with KUHF News!
Help keep KUHF News on the air and in the black by donating during our Fall 2013 Fundraising CampaignDonate
KUHF News Fall 2013 iPad Giveaway Rules
- No purchase or other monetary consideration is necessary to enter or to win. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the 2013 Apple iPad Giveaway (the "Sweepstakes") is open to Texas residents who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Houston Public Media ("Sponsor"), the University of Houston System, the Association for Community Broadcasting and each of their respective affiliated companies and organizations, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term "immediate family members" includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
- How to Enter. One (1) entry per person. To enter the Sweepstakes, call the station during the on-air campaign (October 24 – November 1, 2013) at 888-909-0887 and make a donation to KUHF over the phone or make a donation online by visiting the http://www.kuhf.org/ website and selecting the "donate now" button to complete all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Individuals can elect to enter the contest without making a contribution by clicking here and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions or by hand-printing your name, address, city, state and zip code, day & evening telephone number (including area code), date of birth and e-mail address (optional) on the official sign up sheet in the lobby of 4343 Elgin, Houston TX. The Sweepstakes will end at 9:00am CST on November 1, 2013 and all entries must be received by that time. Limit one (1) entry per person. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, or late entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
- Prize Description. The Winners will receive one (1) Apple iPad with a fair market value of $500.00. If Winner is not available to redeem the prize on the dates specified by Houston Public Media, he or she will be disqualified and will forfeit all interest in the prizes and a substitute Winner may be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If winners choose not to accept the prize it will result in selection of a new winner. All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to wireless phone service, taxes, insurance and other expenses incurred by accepting the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- Winner Notification, Winner Selection, Odds and Acceptance. One (1) Winner will be selected by Sponsor in 9 random drawings from among all eligible entries received the Winners will be announced, on the kuhf.org website and on the air 88.7FM at the following times/date: 10/24/13 by 7:05pm, 10/25/13 by 7:05pm, 10/26/13 by 7:05pm, 10/27/13 by 7:05pm, 10/28/13 by 7:05pm, 10/29/13 by 7:05pm, 10/30/13 by 7:05pm, 10/31/13 by 7:05pm and 11/01/13 by 9:05am. Winner also will be notified prior to on-air announcements at the telephone number, email address and/or U.S. Mail address provided on the Winner's entry form. Return of prize notification as undeliverable, Winner's failure to timely respond to notification, and/or Sponsor's inability to reach a winner at the telephone, email and/or U.S. mail address listed on his or her entry form may result in disqualification and selection of a substitute winner. Winner may waive his or her right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by Winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date of personal delivery or date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within ten (10) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in the Winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including without limitation the Internet, and for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by an eligible winner in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the problem began.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsor. The 2013 Apple iPad Giveaway is sponsored by Houston Public Media. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For the name of the winner (available after November 1, 2013) visit http://www.kuhf.org/.