Classical Classroom, Episode 26: Ragging on Chopin with Richard Dowling
October 25, 2013 5:10:00 pm
Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
How ragtime killed the classical star! Concert pianist and entrepreneur, Richard Dowling illuminates some of Chopin's pieces by "ragging" them on the piano. It's a lesson in classical music and ragtime all rolled up in one, topped with live performances, and served with a side of fries.
Audio production by Todd "Toddry" Hulslander with sarcastic slow claps of approval from Dacia Clay.
Music in this episode includes live performances by Richard Dowling of:
- Frederic Chopin, Nocturne in E-flat Major, Op. 9 No. 2
- Ethan Uslan, Chopin's Knocked Urn
- Frederic Chopin, "Revolutionary" Etude in C Minor, Op. 10 No. 12
- Joseph Lamb, Ragtime Nightingale
- Claude Debussy, Golliwogg's Cakewalk (not performed by Mr. Dowling)