Classical Classroom, Episode 17: Daniel Webbon on the surprising history of the REEEEMIX!!
August 2, 2013 1:08:00 pm
Audio production by Todd "Sir Toddeus of Toddleton" Hulslander with serving suggestions by Dacia Clay.
Music used in this episode includes:
- Aerosmith and RUN-DMC “Walk This Way” (with an appearance by Missy Elliott)
- Dies Irae: Gregorian Chant from the 13th century
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Twelve Variations on "Ah vous dirai-je, Maman", K. 265/300e
- Gustav Mahler, Symphony No. 1 in D major
- Dmitri Shostakovich, String Quartet No. 8 in C minor (Op. 110)
- George Gershwin and DuBose Heyward, "Bess, You Is My Woman Now" from the opera Porgy and Bess
- Miles Davis and Gil Evans, "Bess, You Is My Woman Now" from the album Porgy and Bess
- Luciano Berio, Sinfonia